Friday, January 14, 2011

The power of focus

So on Monday afternoon, I attended a teleclass on promoting my coaching business. It was the first hour of a four part series, held via webinar format with a powerpoint slide deck and a conference call. It helped me see the importance of really nailing my "ability to solve a specific customer problem." What I mean is, this 60 minute workshop showed me once again how critical it is to be top notch at providing a solid solution to a client's particular problem. Then, and here's where the promotion comes in, tell the whole world about your specific expertise and niche. When you hone your ability to provide an outstanding solution, puff yourself up and boldly announce your focused expertise.

Let me give you an example: Rather than claim that you are able to encourage and support people to achieve abundant lives; say "I am able to provide organizational expertise that will save you 2 hours per week." Or, maybe, "I am able to support your creation of a world-class leadership development program for your staff."

The point that was well made is that we all are looking for tailored, nuanced solutions to our conundrums. We want answers to our questions, solutions to our problems and healing for our diseases. So, if that's true, then appropriate promotion of a product or service will be a precise explanation of what solution you are able to provide. That's a keeper. That's brilliant marketing wisdom. That just makes sense.

So, it begs the question: "What is your focused expertise? What precise solutions are you able to provide?" Let us all know! We will be clamoring for your product or service!

No comments:

Post a Comment