Monday, January 10, 2011

Empowering thoughts in the New Year

Have been very engaged in life for the past few weeks. I guess that's another way of saying - been busy. Trying to be productive and not just busy. Here's what I'm learning. I have an incredible fondness of learning and discovering new ideas in the leadership, organizational design, and management area. A number of events are pushing me in that way (and I'm quite grateful). First is a look at some Positive Psychology websites and blogs. They will point toward happiness issues and focusing on your natural skills and abilities. Secondly, today, I attended a teleconference class that indicated the use of "subject matter expertise" in solution oriented coaching. This is helping me understand the fact that everyone is looking for "real results," and "solutions" to life's conundrums. So, as we work toward focusing on our wisdom, experience, skills and abilities, we are far more likely to be "just the right fit" for partnerships or coaching engagements.

Today I googled, "cutting edge management theory" and got connected with a host of wonderful tools by Naomi Stanford (naomistanford.com) If you are doing change management or organizational design, I recommend her site.

Finally, when I think back on some of my happy, in the zone moments, I think of lessons I've learned in management books and in podcasting these nuggets in my iTunes podcast series -
charliegross.com/charliecreativity.rss
(note - this podcast is now available at charliegross.com/ee.rss and is incorporated into the Empowering Encouragement podcast)

Anyway, I'd encourage you to think about your own "in the zone" moments and what brings you great pleasure in your work. You might discover that just as Frederick Buechner said - (paraphrasing - The place God calls you is where the worlds greatest needs and your greatest joy intersect) God's Extravagant Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment