Monday, December 27, 2010

My Morning Routine

It's Monday, December 27th and the high Christmas celebration is behind us. We celebrated in a grand style with food, family, laughter and fun! The question that I answered a few times recently is, "What's your routine that keeps you in good shape?" Here is the answer.

I either get up at 6am or 6:30am these days. I drink a glass of water, stretch, wake up and then hit the treadmill for 40 minutes. While tromping away, I listen to a number of different podcasts on my iPod. I love - pray-as-you-go, Harvard Business Review, Inspiring Words of Encouragement (Zig Ziglar), The Look and Sound of Leadership, The Daily Boost, Coach Radio, my own - Empowering Encouragement or Charlie's Creativity Podcast Series, Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders, Lean Six Sigma, A New Way to Handle Everything, and of course many from the iTunes University side of iTunes. (If you haven't tried this - you definitely want to prioritize this).

After 40 minutes on the treadmill, I lay down a rubber mat and do my 100 crunches (situps, but with raising your knees as well as your head), then 50 pushups and finally, some "super man" exercises for my lower back (taught by my son, Jeff - lay on stomach and raise right arm straight out and left leg straight out and then do the left arm and right leg - strengthens lower back).

I follow this with breakfast of cereal with cinnamon, blueberries, granola, flax seeds and yogurt. I have a double espresso and read a daily piece of the Bible, so that I complete the Bible in a year. Then, I write one page in my prayer journal - praying for wisdom, strength, insights, creativity, my family, my friends, and whatever else God gives me in that time.

There you have it! This routine works extremely well for me. It keeps the body toned up, the mind engaged in God's Word, and the prayer life active. I hope this helps you craft your own useful, healthful routine. Have an awesome 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment