Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thinking Really Big and More

The other night as I laid my head on my pillow, it dawned on me that I was holding on to way too much and trying with all MY might to do what I wanted. It dawned on me that by yielding to the perfect will of Almighty God, I will rest better, perform better and be in "the zone." I prayed that briefly before going to sleep. I slept better than I have for a while and woke up so refreshed and energized, it had to be all GOD! So, we certainly need to use all of our gifts for the improvement of life and the glory of God, but we'll do much better when we give up doing it under our own strength and rely on the unlimited strength and power of God.

On November 18th, I spoke to the men's banquet at Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church. I spoke about my military career and how it started out as a Titan II Missile Combat Crew Commander. The responsibility as a Second Lieutenant was as a Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander for a Titan II missile and attached warhead. The warhead (check it out on google) is a 9 megaton warhead. When detonated, this warhead is capable of completely wiping out a 990 square mile area (or the size of Lancaster County, PA). Well, in thinking about that tremendous destructive power, I wondered about how to unleash a "9 megaton blessing blast" to bless and heal a 990 square mile area. How do we think big enough to bring about harmony, peace, prosperity and goodness rather than total annihilation? I have been counseled plenty of times to begin with myself. Start small and do what I can. That's probably "ok" advice, but I also think that we typically don't "go for it." We don't name and claim lofty ideals.

Without aiming high, setting really grandiose goals, we fall short, achieve less than what is possible and muddle around in the mire of mediocrity. What do you think? Can you dream BIG? Let's go for it together! I believe in you and your unstoppable abilities to bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment