Thursday, December 9, 2010

An Awesome Day - Dec 9, 2010

WOW! What a great day! I had the honor to drive four members of a family of seven Nepalis to the Lancaster County Council of Churches clothing bank. This family had just arrived in the United States two days ago after spending 18 years in a refugee camp in Nepal. I can't even imagine!

Anyway, the 32 year old son, "Madonie" and his wife, mom and dad needed some warm clothes, so I picked them up at 8:45am and headed to North Marshall Street. We were met with a warm welcome and given a number to sequence us through the clothing bank. It was a smooth process. We left with about 5 or 6 bags of clothes and some blankets. (they could pick up clothes for the other 3 who couldn't fit in the car).

After my salad lunch, I went to work on installing a WordPress blog on my charliegross.com website. I use gate.com as my host for this one and the installation went very smoothly. I am still learning how to use the dashboard, but it is quite easy to install a fairly sophisticated site. Check it out when you get a chance - charliegross.com/postconf/ Well, I'm celebrating a great day! Extravagant Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment