Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24th 2010

Have been contemplating the coaching phenomenon lately and how much more productive I am when I am actively engaged with a coach and accountability partner. I've also been thinking about the vignette where a rural preacher and his son went to church on Sunday and the preacher had the basket for donations at the back of the church. As he went in, he placed a five dollar bill in it. He then proceeded to prepare for the worship service and led worship, preached and greeted people. On the way out, he emptied the basket of donations. The only offering in the basket was his five dollar bill. His son noticed this and told his father, I guess if you wanted to get more out of it, you had to put more in.

I think about this on a number of levels. If we want to get more out of life or our work or our relationships, we have to put more in to them! The other level is a thought I had last night as I drove home from a Camp Donegal meeting. If I want to get more out of myself and coaching, I need to invest a higher sum for a good coach who will push me to greater achievement.

Think about this for your life! You may want to visit www.empoweringencouragement.com or send me an email to cwgross@gmail.com! Lord's Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment