Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Aug 21 2010

A spectacular day that God has made! Got a chance to get some extra sleep and then lounge with coffee, cereal and Kindle on the deck. It's the little things in life that often will give you an encouraging boost. I've polished up my sermon for Guinston Presbyterian Church, audio recorded it for practice, read a few more pages of Transforming Church (by Kevin Ford), and even twittered from the Kindle about the need for leadership to create outwardly focused (often uncomfortable) situations for growing people in the missional church.

I've been encouraged by God these days to look toward which of my gifts, skills and abilities give me the most energy and enthusiasm. These are my sweet spot. By operating in my sweet spot and cultivating these skills and abilities, I am much more prone to bless God's people, the world and even myself. I'm wondering if you have a sense of where your sweet spot is. What is it that you love to do that is outwardly blessing and value adding for the world and God's people? Think and act on these things! You will be enormously blessed and you will be a blessing! And, that is exactly why you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment